Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Guest Bedroom 2



Guest bedroom #2 is suffering the 'I don't have time/money to think about you" syndrome. Its symptoms include a brass/weave ceiling fan from 1980, pull down vinyl blinds, craigslist furniture and the "It's a Boy!" beadspread.
Yet I have dreams, plans and inspirations as usual. The inspiration comes from our the lovely Bed & Breakfast room where Joey and I recently stayed:


Only three major unchangeable- furniture, tan walls and ceiling fan.
The furniture is really good quality and I'm reluctant/too poor/too lazy to refinish it. But I'll change up the hardware. Something like:


The ceiling fan is necessary, our lovely old house has no central air. But I can switch out the blades and the shades:


The old fireplace wall behind the headboard would look amazing covered in this wallpaper from the endless resource blinds-wallpaper.net


I love those pops of coral in the paper. I would incorporate a few pops of coral through the rooms- vases, pillows? Still need to find them... (Trader Jacks, here I come.)

Oh and a ceiling medallion if I'm dreaming. Replica plaster medallions are actually pretty affordable.

(i love you i love you i love you)

Ah, and the headboard. I fell in love with three ideas:
1) I have so many pictures. I could easily do this

2) I love I love old window frames

3) I constructed something like this for my room in one of my college apartments. It looked nice next to the indoor/outdoor carpet, 6'9 drop ceilings and fluorescent lighting. Ah college.


Bedspread would be simple, historical, feminine:


And I still have to figure out window covering.
Anyway I'm still working on the red room and, oh yeah, working 45 hours a week so.... I'll just let you know when its done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment