Sunday, March 21, 2010

Stretched Fabric Art

It's lovely out and the flea markets have started back up. Let's take a moment to appreciate some of the wonderful things that you can find for $10 or under at flea markets:


I wanted to make some stretched fabric art for my guest bedroom so I drug my chop saw outside and set up shop:


I used some 1"x2" pine scraps and made frames:


Then just wrapped the fabric and securing with a staple gun.


I'm not ready to hang the ones for the guest bedroom quite yet, but I finally made a a frame for our awesome picture that we bought in Belize:


Coming up soon:


Art made from killer Better Homes and Gardens book covers found for .50 each at the flea market. Also coming up soon, installation of the glass tile behind my Klimt picture in the living room.

0 comments:

Post a Comment